Written by: Samantha Salisbury, CTP, Co-chair Windy City Summit
What’s the best way to start your career in treasury? The simple answer is: Networking. Whether you’re a student looking to get into treasury or a seasoned professional, networking is key. Networking provides you the opportunity to meet people already working in the field, understand more about what a career in treasury may look like for you, gives you a chance to get looped in on potential job opportunities and develop and grow professional relationships. The more your name is out there while networking, the greater chance that your name will come up when an organization or individual is looking to expand or hire.
3 Tips to Advance Your Treasury Career
Once you’re settled into your new treasury career, these three tips can help you to keep moving forward to advance your treasury career:
- Continue to develop your professional network.
- Continuing to develop your professional network gives you the opportunity to meet other treasury professionals and develop relationships while engaging with your network also gives you the space to engage in knowledge shares and ideas exchange. If you’re looking for ways to boost your network, consider joining a professional network such as the Treasury Management Association of Chicago (TMAC), Association of Corporate Treasurers (AFC), or the AFP.
- Obtain your professional certification
- Obtaining your Certified Treasury Professional certification (CTP) demonstrates your commitment to your career and showcases your robust treasury knowledge base. In addition, having a professional designation provides improved career opportunities and increased earnings potential.
- Continuing education
- Continuing your education is an important step to advancing your treasury career. Not only does it keep you up to date on the latest treasury trends and what’s happening in the industry, but many companies and organizations also host free webinars that offer CTP continuing education credits.
This year, the Windy City Summit Conference is going virtual, offering attendees access to live and on-demand educational sessions. Each session will provide you an opportunity to expand your treasury knowledge, and most sessions are eligible for CTP continuing education credits. If you’re not already CTP certified, CTP exam preparation courses are being offered as part of this year’s Virtual Windy City Summit. You’ll have access to attend live-streamed CTP preparation courses and, if you’re unable to attend the live, CTP prep course content will be available on-demand.
Stay tuned for more information on the Windy City Summit Conference Sessions. You can also REGISTER TODAY and save your spot.