The quality and variety of continuing education sessions set Windy City Summit apart from all other treasury and finance conferences. With more than 80 sessions to choose from, Windy City Summit has something for everyone, no matter where you are in your career.
Treasury for the Non-Treasurer
The failure of Silicon Valley Bank should bring to light why startups and smaller companies need to familiarize themselves to core Treasury Concepts. Those outside of the traditional Treasury landscape, within the broader Finance organization, will benefit from educational sessions this year. Risk Management is essential across the entirety of an organization.
Join Peter Moirano, from BMO, during his session: “Breaking Banks – Elements of a Modern-Day Bank Run and How to Avoid the Next One” to learn how bank balance sheets, capital requirements, liquidity and other critical areas need to be considered moving forward.
Five additional must-attend educational sessions for the non-treasury attendee:
- Protecting Your Business from Imposter Fraud Scams: Be Informed and Take Action to Help Stay Safe
- Asset Allocation – How to Manage the Balance Between Risk and Return with your Cash
- The Changing Payments Landscape in the United States and the World
- Geopolitical Risk and the Supply Chain Vendor Ecosystem
- Payments Fraud and Your Vendor Master: The Risk Inherent in Your Verification Process
Access to Bloomberg Market Concepts
New in 2023! Get FREE access to Bloomberg Market Concepts – a $249 Value! Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is a self-paced e-learning course that provides an interactive introduction to the financial markets. BMC has 8 available course modules: Economic Indicators, Currencies, Fixed Income, Equities, Terminal Basics, Portfolio Management, Stock Options, and Commodities. A certificate is awarded after completing the first four course modules.
- Gain familiarity with key market concepts
- Increase your Financial Markets expertise
- Gain a practical understanding with the help of real-world case studies
- Grow professionally
- Solidify your knowledge with over 200 interactive questions
Stop by their Booth in the Exhibit Hall to receive your complimentary access!
CTP Exam Preparation Course
Windy City Summit is proud to offer CTP Exam Preparation Courses at no extra charge to all registered attendees. We recognize, as do most treasury professionals, that the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation is the benchmark of competency in the treasury and finance profession. We want to CTP candidates successfully pass the exam, so Windy City Summit offers eight specific sessions taught by Dr. DJ Masson. These sessions provide valuable education and insight on taking the exam, including an overview of CTP math, detailed handouts for each session and tips to overcome the “fear factor” for CTP candidates.
Past attendees have glowing reviews for the CTP review sessions and Dr. Masson:
- “I attended the CTP prep courses and DJ Masson was great!”
- “This was my first time attending the Windy City Conference. I am considering taking the CTP exam. I thoroughly enjoyed the sessions especially the CTP ones. The professor was fantastic! I do not have a negative thing to say about the education sessions.”
- “I attended to sit in on the educational track for CTP Exam preparedness and found DJ Masson very informative and engaging.”
These opportunities to expand your treasury education are available at the Windy City Summit. This year, you can earn up to 12 CTP credits.
Advanced Excel Course
Northern Illinois University Professor, Gina Nicolosi, MBA, PhD, will lead the Data Visualization: An Advanced Excel Workshop on Tuesday, May 23. In this hands-on workshop, participants will choose which exciting visualizations to replicated in either Excel or Power BI. Be prepared to take your forecasting and modeling communication to the next level!
Register today to maximize your potential, streamline processes and strengthen partnerships to excel in treasury and finance management.